Understanding Mental Toughness
Open to all public and third sector staff in Wales
Currently being redesigned for online delivery – due in 2021
The aims of this course are for you to:
- develop a theoretical and practical understanding of how to manage the stresses and strains of high performance life in relation to mental toughness and,
- understand how you might lead with resilience under difficult and challenging circumstances.
The whole course had a great impact - I am very new to management and this has given me insight in how to deal with my staff and peers
You will develop personal insight into the skills and attributes that help sustain wellbeing and deliver success during periods of profound organisational change. You will gain insight into your own mental toughness and barriers, whether you want to consolidate, adapt or change these.
You will be required to complete a personal assessment, take part in a peer review and build a development plan as part of the seminar.
Benefits to you
- develop a theoretical and practical understanding of the skills and attributes that help to sustain high performance when leading and managing others
- complete a personal assessment and development plan to critique your own practice and focus upon ways to improve your performance
- improve your understanding of your mental toughness and resilience when faced with challenging and difficult circumstances
This learning programme will help you to develop your leadership behaviours in the following areas:
Learning and self-awareness
Drive and resilience
Political awareness and skill
Open to all public and third sector staff in Wales.
Please note that all courses are free, unless otherwise stated.
How to apply
Currently being redesigned for online delivery – due in 2021.
- Featured resources Find related learning resources
- Contact us Leadership Development
Follow us on Twitter @AcademiWales
Main image courtesy of Debbie Olivari (Whitchurch Camera Club)