Updated 23 May 2018
Please read this privacy notice carefully to understand how we will use your personal information.
This includes personal data:
- used to enable you to log in to secure areas of the website;
- collected from you in the course of a browsing session;
- that you provide to us; and
- that is uploaded by you as part of your use of the website.
You can find more details about how we manage our events and your personal information on our Terms and Conditions page.
2. Contacting us
- e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- writing to us at Academi Wales, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff. CF10 3NQ.
4. Browsing the website without logging in
This website is structured so that you can visit it without either identifying yourself or revealing any personal information about you. If you do not log in to the website, we will not collect any personal information that specifically identifies you. However, we may still collect information about your browsing session in accordance with our cookies policy below (please see section 11 'Cookies' below).
5. Personal information we collect from you
Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect the following information about you:
- Information you give to us. You may give us information about you by signing up to the website, completing an online form, registering for an event, contacting us by phone or e-mail, or otherwise interacting with us.
You may also wish to upload information, personalise your profile page and share information with others.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information. When we do this we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
- Information we automatically collect about you. We automatically collect certain information when you visit our website. This may include technical information, such as the Internal Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform.
Please see section 11 'Cookies' below.
6. How we use your personal information
We obtain, store and use information about you so that we can provide you with access to our website, and so that you can enjoy and benefit from the services we offer via our website. How we use your information depends on the reasons why we have collected it.
If you are entitled to access the secure areas of the website, your personal information will be used to create a unique login. This will allow you to access the website and to authenticate each browsing session.
In order to set up your unique login and authenticate your browsing sessions, information about you may be disclosed to our contractors, including CDSM Interactive Solutions Limited and Microsoft Corporation. This information will be used only to allow you to log in and to authenticate your browsing sessions.
We may also use information we hold about you in the following ways:
- to confirm your identity
- to provide our services, activities or online content
- communicate with you
- notify you of any changes to the website
- to update and correct our user records
- to carry out statistical and market analyses, including benchmarking exercises, to enable us to understand you better and improve our services
- to develop, test and improve our systems
- to ensure that the content of our websites are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to manage event bookings that you make via the website
7. Sharing your information
- A third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, to protect the rights, property or safety of Welsh Government or others, or to investigate or prevent a crime;
- Obtain professional advice; and/or
- To a third party with your consent. In these circumstances you will have a choice as to whether we disclose information about you.
Sometimes we use third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide us with services. We will only do so where we have appropriate contracts in place to ensure that you information remains secure. Third parties include:
- CDSM Interactive Solutions Ltd – Hwb platform
If you register for an event, we will share your personal information with the event organiser (see section 8 below) and with SmartSurvey Limited, who are a contractor providing this service on our behalf.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to be stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by individuals operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our contractors. To ensure that your personal information is protected we have put in place the appropriate contractual protections and security measures, including encryption, to ensure that your information is treated by those organisations in a way that is consistent with EU and UK data protection laws.
8. Course/event booking service
Our website provides a booking service for courses/events created and managed by us. This booking service is operated on our behalf by CDSM Interactive Solutions Limited and SmartSurvey Limited.
If you wish to apply for a course/event, you will need to provide your personal details.
Your personal details will be shared with the course/event organiser in order for them to manage your application. The course/event organiser will be responsible for handling your information in accordance with data protection requirements.
9. Security and storage of your personal information
You should note however that email enquiries are transmitted by insecure means and stored offline. You recognise that the use of the internet and the website is entirely at your own risk. We accept no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the internet.
We will store your information in accordance with the Welsh Government records policy.
We will keep your personal information (including course/event applications) for 13 months after we have evaluated the course/event. This enables us to report on our activity and use evaluation data to improve future courses/events. After this point we will anonymise your information.
For some courses/events we need to keep some of your information for longer than 13 months. For example, we need to keep financial records of course fees for the standard Welsh Government period of 7 years.
10. Closing your website account
If your account on our website is inactive for longer than 13 months we may close it automatically. If you wish to close your account, please email email@example.com.
Our website uses Google Analytics, the most widely-used website statistic service. When you visit our site, Google Analytics stores a cookie on your computer or mobile device. This cookie is then used to provide us with usage data, which helps us to improve our users' experience. This means we can count how many people visit this website and analyse which pages are the most popular. In return for the service it provides, Google can access the cookie's stored analytical data. Google does not get access to specific user-identifiable data, such as your name, email address or login details, via this website.
To learn more about cookies you can visit http://cookiecentral.com (external link).
12. Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites which are outside our control. You should note that third party websites linked to from our website may operate different privacy policies to those set out here.
13. Access to information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information that we hold about you. For requests for information under the GDPR, please contact DataProtectionOfficer@gov.wales.