Health and Care Leadership Conference 2017: Leading by Choice
Middle and senior managers and leaders from within the health and care sectors, to include clinicians and care professionals with leadership responsibilities. Third sector colleagues are also welcome.
- Date and location:
21 September 2017
Mercure Holland House Hotel, Cardiff
- View conference schedule 180KB PDF
Academi Wales are pleased to announce the second ‘Health and Care Leadership Conference’ which will take place on:
21 September at the Mercure Holland House Hotel, Cardiff.
The theme for this year’s conference will align to the successful Academi Wales campaign for 2017 - ‘Leading By Choice’.
As leaders we need to practice being deliberately conscious about what we are doing and how we are doing it. We need to focus our attention and be disciplined in creating an environment and mind set which allows us to make the best choices and decisions we can.
Our conference programme will prompt you to reflect on whether you are ‘Leading by Choice’ or just reacting!
Plenary and concurrent sessions will provide plenty of food for thought and practical tips on how to improve the quality of your thinking, remove limiting assumptions, maintain a healthy balance between optimism and realism and create a physical and mental environment that says ‘you matter’ .
Speakers and sessions
Speakers confirmed are:
- Vaughan Gething, Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Sport
- Bob Hudson, Director NHS Wales Health Collaborative
- Jo Hicks, Academi Wales Director
- Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner
- Dr Andrew Goodall, Director General for Health and Social Services / NHS Wales Chief Executive
- Mandy Hickson, former Royal Air Force fast jet pilot, motivational and keynote speaker
- Linda Aspey, Coaching for Leaders and member of the ‘Time to Think’ Global Faculty
Delegates can also choose to attend a concurrent session from a range of leadership practice seminars and development or wellbeing workshops.
The event is targeted at middle and senior managers and leaders from within the health and care sectors, to include clinicians and care professionals with leadership responsibilities. Third sector colleagues are also welcome.
To find more details, please see our detailed information.