Developing senior level coaches - ILM Level 7 qualification in coaching and mentoring
Experienced senior managers and leaders who are permanently employed within the public and voluntary sectors in Wales
November 2017 to May 2018
The ILM Level 7 Coaching and Mentoring programme is aimed at senior leaders and managers.
It is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to be an effective coach and mentor as part of your leadership role. Designed in partnership with University of South Wales (external link) the programme engages coaches working at an executive/senior strategic level.
Themes covered include:
- understanding the context of coaching and mentoring in a strategic business environment
- reflecting on your own ability to perform effectively as a coach or mentor practising at a senior level
- completing coaching or mentoring at a senior and strategic level
This programme will stretch and challenge you, equipping you with invaluable skills that can be used not only across your organisation but across Wales too.
Dates and location
The programme will be across two groups, one in north Wales and the other in south Wales. You will need to confirm you can attend and commit to all of these dates.
Cost and bursary information
The full cost of the programme is £1,042 per delegate. A bursary is being offered by Academi Wales and charges that will apply are as follows:
|Sector||Bursary||Cost to you||Academi Wales will pay|
Applicants will be required to seek prior authority from their line manager/sponsor as part of the application process and the commitment to be made to Welsh public service coaching. Academi Wales will not meet the cost of any travel and subsistence associated with attending the course or any associated coaching practice.
Cancellations: If you are awarded a place and later decide to withdraw from the programme, Academi Wales reserve the right to charge your organisation for the full cost of the programme i.e. £1,042.
How to apply
- Applications are closed. For updates and alerts subscribe to our mailing list and tick Coaching and mentoring.
Commitment to coaching
It is essential that your sponsor organisation agrees to support you throughout the programme and make a longer term commitment to public service coaching in Wales. This qualification is at Masters Level and will require a great deal of commitment from yourself and your organisation.
To gain the ILM Level 7 qualification you will:
- need to attend all dates scheduled (as above)
- complete 20 hours of planned coaching at senior management level (to gain the ILM Level 7 qualification)
- complete 3 assignments
Although the time commitment to this is different for everyone depending on your learning style, it is estimated that you could spend 10 hours per assignment to write and research on top of your 20 hours of coaching.
Once you are fully qualified you will commit to join the Wales Coaching Network.
There are a wide range of benefits to completing the ILM 7 qualification and joining our senior level coaching network.
This programme will increase and broaden the resource of senior level coaches willing to work across boundaries within the wider public service, providing opportunities for networking and collaborative working.
- Develop your skills and confidence as a 1:1 coach within your organisation and across Wales
- Enhance your CPD with opportunities for you to participate in low cost professional training
- Join an elite group of senior level coaches
For your organisation
- Low cost professional training for in-house executive coaches
- Access to a group of senior level coaches who will be able to reciprocate offer and benefit from cross sector senior level coaching
- Increases collaborative working with partner organisations
What other leaders have to say
Here are some of the many inspiring comments we’ve received from our previous participants.
'I have found being able to support people through coaching massively rewarding. I have had very positive feedback from coachees who say that our sessions have really helped them in working towards their goals - and that is the true signal of success for the scheme'
'I'd heartily recommend the ILM7 executive coaching and mentoring training. It offers the chance to develop professional-level skills along with gaining a recognised qualification'