All Wales Public Service Graduate Programme
Graduates of any age with a 2.1 or above (in any subject) or higher qualification
Two years (at three organisations)
September 2018 to August 2020
West and Mid Wales
South East Wales
Year 1 £29,100
Year 2 £31,000 (subject to satisfactory performance)
Applications are now closed.
We are evaluating the progress of the pilot cohort, and plan to announce any new recruitment details by summer 2019. For updates and alerts, subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Twitter @AcademiWales
The All Wales Public Service Graduate Programme 2018
The All Wales Public Service Graduate Programme 2018 is a unique opportunity for you to boost your skills and grow your career.
This is a programme not to be missed and one that will be hard to match anywhere in the world
You will get access to future roles and projects which will allow you to stretch and develop to reach your full potential. This new ‘All Wales’ approach will also give you the rare opportunity to work across organisational boundaries.
My journey as a graduate in Wales
Find out what these graduates learned during their placements across Wales
Be challenged by the exciting programme
We have specifically designed this graduate programme to support and stretch you. You will increase your knowledge, skills and experience while also improving your personal effectiveness, confidence and resilience. We will help you play to your strengths and you will use them to strengthen the public service in Wales.
Take up the challenge – be part of this world class programme and make a real difference in Wales.
You will be part of the 'One Welsh Public Service’ and be encouraged to connect your values and beliefs with the work you do. Finding ways to do things better in Wales will give you plenty of opportunities to increase the breadth and depth of your work experience.
We will also make sure you get meaningful feedback so you can develop further. You will work towards clear objectives and outcomes and have regular performance reviews.
Enjoy a range of rewarding benefits
- A real job in the public service where you will gain experience from different organisations, roles, departments and ways of working
- A competitive salary - year 1: £29,100, year 2: £31,000 (subject to satisfactory performance)
- Gain a bespoke Masters in public service leadership (MSc in Leadership and Governance from the University of South Wales) – where you will learn the latest leadership theories, best practice, and developments and apply this to the workplace when you complete your sector specific dissertation addressing real issues in the public service
- A two year development programme led by Academi Wales, including personal development, action learning sets and coaching
- A mentor who will be identified to support you during the programme
To find more details, please see our detailed information.