All Wales Public Service Graduate Programme
Graduates of any age with a 2.1 or above (in any subject) or higher qualification
Two years (at three organisations)
September 2018 to August 2020
West and Mid Wales
South East Wales
Year 1 £29,100
Year 2 £31,000 (subject to satisfactory performance)
- Start your application now (external link)
- Applications open: 15 January 2018
- Applications close: 4pm, 26 January 2018
Take part in this unique opportunity
The All Wales Public Service Graduate Programme 2018 is a unique opportunity for you to boost your skills and grow your career.
This is a programme not to be missed and one that will be hard to match anywhere in the world
You will get access to future roles and projects which will allow you to stretch and develop to reach your full potential. This new ‘All Wales’ approach will also give you the rare opportunity to work across organisational boundaries.
My journey as a graduate in Wales
Find out what these graduates learned during their placements across Wales
Be challenged by the exciting programme
We have specifically designed this graduate programme to support and stretch you. You will increase your knowledge, skills and experience while also improving your personal effectiveness, confidence and resilience. We will help you play to your strengths and you will use them to strengthen the public service in Wales.
Take up the challenge – be part of this world class programme and make a real difference in Wales.
You will be part of the 'One Welsh Public Service’ and be encouraged to connect your values and beliefs with the work you do. Finding ways to do things better in Wales will give you plenty of opportunities to increase the breadth and depth of your work experience.
We will also make sure you get meaningful feedback so you can develop further. You will work towards clear objectives and outcomes and have regular performance reviews.
Enjoy a range of rewarding benefits
- A real job in the public service where you will gain experience from different organisations, roles, departments and ways of working
- A competitive salary - year 1: £29,100, year 2: £31,000 (subject to satisfactory performance)
- Gain a bespoke Masters in public service leadership (MSc in Leadership and Governance from the University of South Wales) – where you will learn the latest leadership theories, best practice, and developments and apply this to the workplace when you complete your sector specific dissertation addressing real issues in the public service
- A two year development programme led by Academi Wales, including personal development, action learning sets and coaching
- A mentor who will be identified to support you during the programme
Are you a match for the programme?
Finding the right people is the most important part of making the programme a success.
- Do you have a passion for working in the public service in Wales?
- Are you committed to staying in Wales for the next five years (or more!)?
- Do you have a clear sense of your values and strengths?
- Do you have the potential to develop, manage a challenging two year programme and make a real difference to the citizens of Wales?
If you answer yes to all these questions, you could be the candidate we’re looking for!
There is no age limit to apply for the programme and it’s open to both public service employees and those who want to join the public service.
In addition, you must meet our essential criteria:
- GCSE Mathematics and English Language (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
- A 2.1 degree classification in any subject by 20 July 2018 (or higher qualification)
- The right to work in the UK
- Welsh language requirements may apply for some posts
- Nationality and immigration requirements apply to posts
How to apply
There are limited places which will be awarded through a competitive selection process.
- Start your application now (external link) - closing date 26 January 2018 (4pm)
The recruitment process is based on the One Welsh Public Service Values and Leadership Behaviours.
|Stage and date||Information|
Stage 1: 15 to 26 January 2018
Online form – personal details and basic eligibility
|The application form will ask for basic personal details and check your eligibility to participate in the programme. If you are eligible, you’ll be invited to complete an online test.|
Stage 2: 12 to 16 February 2018
Online test – situational judgement
|You will receive feedback after you’ve completed the test, regardless of whether you progress to the next stage or not. If you are successful, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre.|
Stage 3: 9 to 13 April 2018
Assessment centre – written and group exercise
|The assessment centre is made up of a written exercise and a group exercise. You will receive feedback on your performance, regardless of whether you progress to the next stage or not. If you are successful, you will be invited to a panel interview.|
Stage 4: 30 April to 11 May / 14 May to 18 May 2018
Interview – presentation and panel questions
|You will be asked to make a presentation and will answer a series of questions. You will receive feedback on your interview, regardless of whether you receive an offer of appointment.|
Stage 5: May/June 2018
Offer of appointment (subject to pre-employment checks)
You will complete the first two stages of the selection process online. You will need to be in the UK to take part in the stage three and four – find out more about preparing for the assessment centre and interview.
If you have any queries please email AllWalesGrads@gov.wales or call us on 03000 256687.
Contact during the application process
If you are invited to take part in next stage of the recruitment process, we will contact you by email, so make sure you check your inbox and your junk mail regularly.
If you have any questions or queries about the application process, please contact us by email: AllWalesGrads@gov.wales. There will also be a contact email address linked to your application acknowledgement.
To find more details, please see our detailed information.
To get updates, news and application alerts you can:
Alternatively, you can email us at AllWalesGrads@gov.wales