Updated 14 June 2016
- used to enable you to log-in to secure areas of the Web Site;
- collected from you in the course of a browsing session;
- that you provide to us; and
- that is uploaded by you as part of your use of the Web Site.
- e-mailing us at email@example.com; or
- writing to us at Academi Wales, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff. CF10 3NQ.
4. Browsing the Web Site without logging in
This Web Site is structured so that you can visit it without either identifying yourself or revealing any personal information about you. If you do not log in to the Web Site, we will not collect any personal information that specifically identifies you. However, we may still collect information about your browsing session in accordance with our cookies policy below.
5. Using your personal information to log-in and authenticate your use of the Web Site
If you are entitled to access the secure areas of the Web Site, your personal information will be used to create a unique log-in. This will allow you to access the Web Site and to authenticate each browsing session.
In order to set up your unique log-in and authenticate your browsing sessions, information about you will be disclosed our contractors, Learning Possibilities Limited, CDSM Interactive Solutions Limited and Microsoft Corporation.
This information will be used only to allow you to log in and to authenticate your browsing sessions.
6. Information we collect from you
Welsh Government will typically collect details relating to your visits to the Web Site (see cookies below). This may include technical information, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
This personal information may be used to ensure that content from the Web Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
7. Information you give to us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Web Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Web Site or when applying for our events and programmes. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, organisation, display name, job title and phone number.
This personal information may be used to communicate with you and/or to notify you about changes to our Web Site. In such instances, Welsh Government will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such unsolicited communications.
8. Information uploaded by you to the Web Site
As a member of the Web Site, you may be entitled to upload information, personalise your profile page and share information with other users. This may include personal information about you.
Welsh Government has tried to create a secure and reliable Web Site for you. Welsh Government has put in place appropriate organisational and technical safeguards and security measures given the nature of the information.
You should note however that e-mail enquiries are transmitted by insecure means and stored off-line. You recognise that the use of the internet and the website is entirely at your own risk. Welsh Government accepts no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the internet.
- Learning Possibilities Ltd, CDSM Interactive Solutions Ltd and Microsoft Corporation for the purpose of creating security log-ins and bespoke accounts for the Web Site;
- EventBrite and Paypal for the purpose of handling event bookings and associated payments;
- if Welsh Government are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Welsh Government, or others; or to investigate or prevent a crime;
- obtain any professional advice; and/or
- with your consent. In these circumstances you will have a choice as to whether we disclose information about you.
Our website uses Google Analytics, the most widely-used website statistic service. When you visit our site, Google Analytics stores a cookie on your computer or mobile device. This cookie is then used to provide us with usage data, which helps us to improve our users' experience. This means we can count how many people visit this website and analyse which pages are the most popular. In return for the service it provides, Google can access the cookie's stored analytical data. Google does not get access to specific user-identifiable data, such as your name, e-mail address or log in-details, via this website.
To learn more about cookies you can visit http://cookiecentral.com (external link).
12. Links to Other Websites
Our Web Site contains links to other web sites which are outside our control. You should note that third party web sites linked to from our Web Site may operate different privacy policies to those set out here.
13. Access to Information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
14. Governing Law