Continuous Improvement: Practitioner
Open to all public and third sector staff in Wales who are leading or interested in improvement
Search our events calendar (please log in to apply for events)
3 sessions over 17 weeks, followed by 1/2 day presentation
'The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking which caused them'
This is an ICiPS recognised 6 day advanced continuous improvement (CI) programme. We look in-depth at CI approaches, tools and techniques. We equip you with the skills to deliver an improvement project in your workplace. You will also be able to apply for ICiPS accreditation.
Your project must be championed and sponsored by an executive or senior manager.
Benefits to you
- Be able to apply for ICiPS accreditation
- Be able to apply some skills that will help complete an improvement project in your workplace
- Be able to apply the DMAIC approach to problem solving
- Begin recognising the processes we work within in the Welsh public service and how we can improve them – collectively improving the services provided across Wales
- Have increased confidence in using CI tools and techniques
- Have the opportunity to demonstrate ability to make service improvements
- See demonstrable improvement for your organisation
This learning programme will help you to develop your leadership behaviours in the following areas:
Drive and resilience
Focusing on citizens and quality
Championing innovation and change
Open to leaders in Welsh public service and third sector organisations who:
- lead the delivery of sustainable improvement.
- are interested and motivated by delivering improvement.
- are involved in an improvement project which they can work on as part of the programme.
The programme consists of:
- 1/2 day introduction workshop
- 3 day workshop
- 2 day workshop
- 1/2 day presentation
Please see the cohort page for details of the session dates.
Please note that all courses are free, unless otherwise stated.
How to apply
We have a limited number of places on this programme. Applications will be dealt with on a first come first served basis, subject to meeting the appropriate criteria.
You must be able to take part in all mandatory programme activities, and your application must be authorised by your organisation sponsor. To apply for a place, please complete the application form.
To find more details about the programme, please see our detailed information.