Building Effective Relationships
Open to all public and third sector staff in Wales
Search our events calendar (please log in to apply for events)
Half day seminar
1.30 to 4.30 pm
This course can be delivered on demand and will be arranged based on training needs. Please register interest by emailing Academi Wales and we will contact you with further details.
Our ability to form and maintain effective relationships at work and home is an essential part of our lives and a foundation for success. We all share a basic desire for positive connection with others.
This half day programme will let you to map your current relationships both at home and work, look at what works and what might be done to make improvements. We will explore the way we speak to others, the differences between the way men and women tend to communicate, and the impact that has on relationships. A number of techniques for building positive relationships will be shared and used in interactive exercises throughout the session.
This is a holistic programme with the focus on benefiting all areas of your life rather than separating work and home.
Benefits to you
You will be able to:
I face challenging situations/people daily so hearing other’s strategies will add to my toolkit
- create a map of your current relationships
- identify which of the 5 key values are present in each relationship
- explore how relationships might be improved
- recognize the four types of negative interactions that damage relationships
- understand how women and men may communicate differently and the impact this can have
- develop more positive relationships using a number of proven techniques
Open to all public and third sector staff in Wales.
How to apply
Please note that all courses are free, unless otherwise stated.
- Featured resources Find related learning resources
- Contact us
Follow us on Twitter @AcademiWales
Main image courtesy of Debbie Olivari (Whitchurch Camera Club)