All Wales Public Service Graduate Programme
Graduates of any age with a 2.1 or above (in any subject) or higher qualification
West and Mid Wales
South East Wales
- Salary: *
Year 1 £29,850
Year 2 £31,750 (subject to performance)
Applications for the All Wales Public Service Graduate Programme 2020 will open soon.
If you're a graduate who is interested in applying, please subscribe to our mailing list and follow us on Twitter @AcademiWales and Facebook for all the latest news and alerts.
* Salary costs updated following confirmation of 2019-20 pay award - may be subject to further change for a future pay award.
The All Wales Public Service Graduate Programme
The All Wales Public Service Graduate Programme is a unique opportunity for you to boost your skills and grow your career.
This is a programme not to be missed and one that will be hard to match anywhere in the world
You will get access to future roles and projects which will allow you to stretch and develop to reach your full potential. This new ‘All Wales’ approach will also give you the rare opportunity to work across organisational boundaries.
My journey as a graduate in Wales
Find out what these graduates learned during their placements across Wales by watching their video blogs:
- Alice: People Strategy Group
- Danielle: Building Relationships
- Rhys' First placement
- Alice's First 6 months
Read the blogs
- My journey as a graduate in Wales: Cherri
- My journey as a graduate in Wales: Charlotte
- My journey as a graduate in Wales: Daniel
- My journey as a graduate in Wales: Sara
- My journey as a graduate in Wales: Jessica
- My journey as a graduate in Wales: Robert
Be challenged by the exciting programme
We have specifically designed this graduate programme to support and stretch you. You will increase your knowledge, skills and experience while also improving your personal effectiveness, confidence and resilience. We will help you play to your strengths and you will use them to strengthen the public service in Wales.
Take up the challenge – be part of this world class programme and make a real difference in Wales.
You will be part of the 'One Welsh Public Service’ and be encouraged to connect your values and beliefs with the work you do. Finding ways to do things better in Wales will give you plenty of opportunities to increase the breadth and depth of your work experience.
We will also make sure you get meaningful feedback so you can develop further. You will work towards clear objectives and outcomes and have regular performance reviews.
Enjoy a range of rewarding benefits
- A real job in the public service where you will gain experience from different organisations, roles, departments and ways of working
- A competitive salary - year 1: £29,850, year 2: £31,750 (subject to performance). Salary costs updated following confirmation of 2019-20 pay award - may be subject to further change for a future pay award.
- Gain a bespoke Masters in public service leadership – where you will learn the latest leadership theories, best practice, and developments and apply this to the workplace when you complete your sector specific dissertation addressing real issues in the public service
- A development programme led by Academi Wales, including personal development, action learning sets and coaching
- A mentor who will be identified to support you during the programme
This learning programme will help you to develop your leadership behaviours in the following areas:
Learning and self-awareness
Drive and resilience
Focusing on citizens and quality
Championing innovation and change
Building collaboration and partnership
Political awareness and skill